As I’ve said before, I can bake fairly well. I’ve tried baking dozens of chocolate chip cookie recipes, but these always turn out perfectly. The recipe also comes from one of my favorite families who can make a delicious meal out of just about anything. The recipe is super easy, and you’ll probably have to make a triple batch because they go quickly.
- 1/2 cup Crisco shortening
- 1/2 cup butter [real butter. not margarine]
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugarMix until creamy, then add:
- 2 eggs [room temperature work best for baking]
- 1 tsp vanillaMix again, then toss in:
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp saltAnd slowly add 2.5-3 cups of all-purpose flour. Basically add it until it looks like cookie dough- sticky, but not too sticky, you know? Throw in 6 oz. semisweet chocolate chips and stir with a wooden spoon. Bake them at 350 degrees for 10 minutes, and then cool them on a wire rack.
Try not to eat them all… or bake an extra dozen for “sampling.”They’re chewy on the inside and somehow manage to be perfectly cooked on the outside… everything a cookie should be! I can’t tell you how many the batch yields, because they tend to disappear before I can count them, but I’m thinking it’s around a dozen and a half. My mouth is watering as I type this- I probably shouldn’t be blogging on an empty stomach, huh?-KG